QuickISO can be your right OHSAS consultant who can able to help in your area in UAE, Dubai, Abu Dhabi are rest of middle East.
Before you make your decision you should know the Overview:
Many organizations are implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) as part of their risk management strategy to address changing legislation and protect their workforce.
An OHSMS promotes a safe and healthy working environment by providing a framework that allows your organization to consistently identify and control its health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance and improve overall performance.
BS OHSAS 18001 is the internationally recognized assessment specification for occupational health and safety management systems. It was developed by a selection of leading trade bodies, international standards and certification bodies to address a gap where no third-party certifiable international standard exists.
BS OHSAS 18001 has been designed to be compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, to help your organization meet their health and safety obligations in an efficient manner.
The following key areas are addressed by BS OHSAS 18001:
- Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control.
- OHSAS management programme.
- Structure and responsibility.
- Training, awareness and competence.
- Consultation and communication.
- Operational control.
- Emergency preparedness and response.
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement.
BS OHSAS 18001 can be adopted by any organization wishing to implement a formal procedure to reduce the risks associated with health and safety in the working environment for employees, customers and the general public.
In a competitive marketplace, your customers are looking for more than just keen pricing from their suppliers. Companies need to demonstrate that their businesses are managed efficiently and responsibly and that they can provide a reliable service without excessive downtime caused by work-related accidents and incidents.
Certifying your BS OHSAS 18001 management system enables your organization to prove that it conforms to the specification and provides the following benefits:
- Potential reduction in the number of accidents.
- Potential reduction in downtime and associated costs.
- Demonstration of legal and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstration to stakeholders of your commitment to health and safety.
- Demonstration of an innovative and forward thinking approach.
- Increased access to new customers and business partners.
- Better management of health and safety risks, now and in the future.
- Potential reduced public liability insurance costs.